We are inspired by a vision to enable patients with chronic conditions to remain engaged in life, with the peace of mind that we are caring for them.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR
Emergency Equipment and Supplies Kit
- Keep a list of all your medical equipment, including settings, type, model, and make of equipment.
- If you use a nebulizer, ask for an extra inhaler of the same medication that you can take in the event of a power outage.
- If you use an oxygen concentrator, ask Lincare for an emergency oxygen supply that does not require electricity (such as an emergency oxygen tank).
- If you use mechanical ventilation, have a home back-up plan in case of a power outage. This may include making advance plans for transportation to a medical facility.
- For more information on fully preparing for an emergency, visit: https://www.ready.gov/kit
- Make sure stairways and hallways are well-lit.
- Install grab bars in tubs, showers, and near toilets.
- Use non-skid mats in tubs and on bathroom floors.
- Ensure all stairways have handrails.
- If using oxygen, be careful when walking near tubing.
- Keep the National Poison Control Center number nearby: 800-222-1222
- Store any hazardous fluids and chemicals in a safe place.
- Ensure you have working carbon monoxide detectors in the home.
- Keep all medications out of reach of children.