Symptoms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
- Persistent diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Rectal bleeding / bloody stools
- Weight loss
- Reduced Appetite
Causes of Inflammatory Bowel Disease:
The exact cause of Inflammatory bowel disease is unknown, but risk factors that have been identified include:
- Family History
- Environmental Triggers (virus or bacterial)
- Abnormal Immune Response
- Cigarette smoking
- Age (most people are diagnosed before they turn 30)
- Ethnicity (Caucasians are most likely to suffer from IBD)
Types of Inflammatory Bowel Disease Treatment
Enteral Nutrition Therapy
Treatment Type 1We offer a medical nutrition support program designed in cooperation with you and your practitioner. This includes various nutrition products, a wide range of feeding tube supplies, and equipment suited to your needs. Lincare also provides education and clinical support related to your treatment.
Oral Nutrition Supplements
Treatment Type 2
We offer oral nutrition supplements as prescribed by your practitioner, as well as assistance from our registered dietitians. Patients we can assist include, but are not limited to:
- Patients who need a hydrolyzed/peptide formula due to absorption issues.
- Patients with increased protein needs who would benefit from a protein supplement.
- Patients who cannot get adequate calories through food and would benefit from a high-calorie supplement.
How Lincare Can Help
"I wanted to send great kudos to Lincare's …. staff! What a great experience we have had with them. Our family needed to share how great, professional, kind, and helpful they all were to us. So impressive! They have provided outstanding customer service care!"Hear more from Lincare patients
Devices We Provide Include
- Kangaroo® Feeding Pump - Delivers continuous or intermittent feeding and automatic flushing capabilities.
- Moog Feeding Pump - Mobile nutrition delivery system that allows patients to adhere to a prescribed feeding regimen.
- IV Poles - Used to secure feeding pumps and bags.
- Feeding Pump Backpack - Specialized bag to carry your feeding pump and accessories.
- G Tubes - Gastronomy tubes carry food to the stomach through the abdominal wall.
- NG Tubes - Nasogastric tubes carry food and medicine to the stomach through the nose.
- Mic-Key Button - A low-profile gastronomy tube that allows patients to receive medicine and fluids into the stomach.
- Extensions - Devices that attach to a feeding tube to assist with getting nutrition from a syringe or bag into the stomach.
- Protein Supplements - Supplements that increase the protein intakes of nutritionally deficient patients.
- Standard Formulas - Formulas that are designed for adult and pediatric patients who have normal digestion.
- Specialty Formulas - Designed for those with special nutritional needs for conditions like diabetes, respiratory disease, or kidney failure.
- Pediatric Formulas - Specialized enteral nutrition for children with gastrointestinal conditions.
- Infant Formulas - Specialized enteral nutrition for infants with gastrointestinal conditions.
- Syringes - Used for enteral delivery of fluids and medications.
- Gravity Bags - Used to administer enteral nutrition, fluids, or medication.
- Feed/Flush Bags - Used to provide accurate and reliable delivery of nutrition.
- Single Formula Bags - Used to administer enteral nutrition, fluids, or medication.
Additional Lincare Services
Oxygen treatments can help improve oxygen intake, reduce symptoms, increase stamina, and generally improve quality of life.
Home INR Testing
If you're on Warfarin, PT/INR at-home testing lets you monitor your blood anticoagulation levels weekly from home.
Nebulizers treat diseases including COPD and asthma. We offer electronic and portable nebulizers, and our Pharmacy delivers them.