Enteral nutrition is an effective therapy option if you are:
- Having trouble swallowing food
- Experiencing a lack of appetite
- Unable to drink enough fluids
- Having trouble maintaining a healthy weight
The benefits of a feeding tube can help you achieve a higher health-related quality of life. You may need time to adapt, but the potential improvements to your overall health and wellness will be worth the effort. Learn more about the benefits of tube feeding to reduce the symptoms of your condition.
Improved energy and strength
If you struggle to consume your recommended daily calories, you will likely feel tired, lethargic, and have less motivation to complete even the most basic tasks. Enteral feeding can ensure your body gets the nutrients required to stay healthy and maintain muscle and strength. Regaining consistent calories, may help you feel reinvigorated and be inspired to resume your normal daily activities.
Stronger immunity system
One result of malnutrition can be a compromised immune system. When you are not taking in enough nutrients, your gut health may impacted and this can adversely affect your immune function. As a result, you may be at risk of contracting additional illnesses. An important benefit of enteral tube feeding is to help keep your immune system strong so that you can ward off potential infections.
Lower stress and increased confidence
There are many benefits to beginning enteral therapy. It is not just about helping you keep your weight up. It is also about ensuring you have the energy to get through the day and maintain a strong immune system. Many people with conditions that make it difficult to eat or drink struggle with self-confidence. They might feel self-conscious about losing weight or be concerned that their body is not functioning the way they think it should.
The truth is that hundreds of thousands of people in the United States use a feeding tube daily. While it may seem daunting at first, enteral therapy can help you feel confident and inspired to live your life to the fullest. Another potential benefit of a feeding tube is ridding yourself of the stress that comes with struggling to eat by mouth and how that can impact your overall health.
How Lincare Can Help
We are proud to offer a complete medical nutritional support program designed in partnership with you and your practitioner. As part of our enteral program, we offer:
- At-home support – We offer formula and supplies tailored to your specific needs as defined by your practitioner. We deliver these prescribed items directly to your residence.
- Specialized nutritional plan – Our expert nutritional therapists will work with your healthcare provider to design a dietary care plan tailored specifically to your condition.
- 1-1 Therapy – Lincare offers you individual assessments and therapy education by a medical nutrition specialist (with a practitioner's order).
- Clinical monitoring – Our nutritional support team will review your progress on an ongoing basis.
- Pediatric Services – Lincare's highly skilled pediatric enteral therapy team helps ensure a full range of care to help your child optimize their care and recovery.
- 24/7 Support – Availability of an experienced member of our team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.